1. The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure
This is McClure’s deeply heartfelt, frequently hilarious tale of her quest to recreate the world of Laura Ingalls Wilder once and for all.
2. Neverisms by Mardy Grothe
A book of quotations of things you should never do, or never never do. A delight for quotation lovers and language aficionados.
3. F in Exams by Richard Benson
A short excerpt from this graduation gift of poorly answered exam questions:
Biology Exam Question: What is a fibula?
Answer: A little lie.
Math Exam Question: To change centimeters to meters you_____.
Answer: Take out the centi
4. The Dry Grass of August by Anna Jean Mayhew
North Carolina author writes a story set in 1950s South.
5. Butterfly’s Child by Angela Davis-Gardner
Local author's latest novel. "The kind of book you sink into, becoming so transfixed by the story that you cannot help devouring it in just a few sittings. Davis-Gardner has created a masterful novel and an engaging read."—Charlotte Observer
6. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
Chapel Hill native and YA rockstar's latest book!
7. Bossypants by Tina Fey
Super funny star of 30 Rock. Who can resist those man arms?
8. Cooking in the Moment by Andrea Reusing
Owner of the Lantern Restaurant here in Chapel Hill, who just won the James Beard award!
9. Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart
A funny book about the financial crisis from this bestselling author.
10. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Who was the woman behind the immortal Hela cells now studied by scientists the world over?